In the heart of the Vrije Universiteit's new campus area at Amsterdam's Zuidas, film theater Rialto and VU-Griffioen opened the doors in November 2021 to a special cultural hot-spot for anyone looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city. A cinema and theater with its own vibrant and lively theater cafe. Bar Boele is the living room and beating heart of the campus, a fine place where there is also room for performances, exhibitions, festivals and other special programs.
For Bar Boele we are looking for an enthusiastic:
38 hours p/w, 0.8/ 1 fte
Who are you?
You have work experience in the hospitality industry, are flexible among people and like to make them feel at home. Furthermore, you are stress resistant and when taking the lead you do this easily and gladly. You are ready for a new challenge, are organizationally and communicatively strong and know what it takes to successfully expand Bar Boele. It is not obligatory but it is nice if you have a love for film, cooking, theater and culture.
What will you do?
- You will work with a young and enthusiastic team in Bar Boele (80% of the work takes place on the work floor). A team that likes to please their guests and seduce them to come back more often.
- Within Bar Boele you lead a team of about 10 bar and service employees, including two assistant managers who support you in the field of purchasing and scheduling.
- You are responsible for the running of the cafe and further development of the kitchen concept.
- You are the point of contact for users of the theater cafe: cultural visitors, students, local residents, employees of the university and companies on the Zuidas.
- Coordinating the work, ensuring smooth operations and a pleasant working environment.
- You naturally know what is needed for efficient purchasing and good business returns.
- You take care of the sales and organization of rental and catering for Rialto/Griffioen and third parties in and from the café-restaurant.
- You think along with marketing communications of Rialto/Griffioen about promotion and turnover increasing activities.
- You have valid certificates HACCP, BHV and Social Hygiene or are willing to obtain these.
- You are flexible and find it ok to regularly work evening and weekend hours.
- Salary in accordance with CAO Horeca, job level company manager, scale 8, between € 2.800 and € 3.295 gross p/m.
- An appointment for six months with a probationary period of two months and expressly the possibility of extension for an indefinite period.
- A weekend off once a month.
- Unlimited access to film and theater performances, provided they are not sold out.
Rialto and Griffioen strive for a diverse composition of the organization, a reflection of the city of Amsterdam. We actively seek diversity in origin and background. If you recognize yourself in this, we would like to meet you. Mail your CV and motivation no later than October 9, 2022 to Robert Pattinama, Head of Theaters at Rialto, via firstname.lastname@example.org with reference Vacancy Company Manager Bar Boele.