Rialto has a distinct identity, its own distinct programming, which it would like to maintain in future. This is where friends come into play, film fans who are willing to lend Rialto a helping hand as Rialto Friends.
Rialto Friends are film fans with an open eye to the world.
Because Rialto is:
• A hot spot in the Pijp, well-known in Amsterdam and unique in the (cinematic) world.
• A welcoming space for curious independent film fans.
• A cinema that seeks to engage with filmmakers and audiences.
• A counterbalance to the dominant role of the commercial American film industry.
• A community cinema-turned-springboard for European and non-Western filmmakers.
For an annual contribution of €60* or more you can become a Rialto Friend. With your contribution, you will be supporting Rialto’s activities, as every euro will be spent on films and film programmes.
But that’s not all. As a Rialto Friend you qualify for various benefits, such as:
• An invitation for two for Rialto’s Season Opening Night (early September).
• An invitation for two for a film that premiered during the International Film Festival Rotterdam (February).
• Priority when booking tickets for Saturday night.
• Priority when booking tickets for World Cinema Amsterdam.
How do you become a Friend?
Download the application form below, and return it to email@example.com
* The Dutch tax authorities have confirmed that, under Dutch law, Rialto qualifies as a “public welfare institution” (ANBI), which means your donation is tax deductible.