Rialto embraces innovation and therefor wants to offer new, not yet discovered talent a chance to present their films. Are you such a talent, do you make films, video clips, commercials, or similar? And would you like to see your own film on the big screen? Submit your work to Rialto for Short, a programme that enables beginners, film amateurs and film students to show their work to an audience as well as to film professionals.
We will start a new season in 2023. The dates of the editions will be announced soon.
How does it work?
- At least one month before the next edition, you submit your completed film. All films from all genres are welcome;
- A jury of film professionals will select three films from all submissions;
- On the evening of the screening, always on a Tuesday evening at 7:30 pm, the audience, the jury and the special guest will choose the winner of the evening.
Your entry must meet the following criteria:
- The film is no longer than 20 minutes;
- If the film is not in Dutch or English, please submit it with Dutch or English subtitles;
- The film was produced between 2021 and 2023;
- Please submit the film with a Vimeo or YouTube link;
- You, or another crew member, will be present during the film screening to answer questions about the film.
Does your film meet the conditions? In that case sign up via this link.
Do you want to know more? Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to stay up to date?
Member of the jury: Safirah Dijkstra
Safirah Dijkstra is a dramaturge at VPRO-HUMAN. In addition, she is project leader of the talent development and financing process for short films at De ontmoeting and board member at VERS, an association for new film and television makers. Safirah studied Theater, Film and Television Studies at Utrecht University and obtained a master's degree in Art, Culture and Politics at the University of Amsterdam. She previously worked as Marketing and PR Manager at distributors Cinema Delicatessen and Amstelfilm.
Member of the jury:
Aiman Hassani is a filmmaker, talent scout and change maker for inclusiveness and diversity in film and television. In 2020, he won the &Award personal award during the Code Diversity & Inclusion event, which puts cultural organisations and professionals who successfully contribute to more diversity & inclusion in the spotlight.
Member of the jury:
Stefan is Senior Programmer Cinema at De Balie and filmmaker.
Rialto for Short is co-sponsored by the VEVAM fund.