Rialto embraces innovation and therefor wants to offer new, not yet discovered talent a chance to present their films. Are you such a talent, do you make films, video clips, commercials, or similar? And would you like to see your own film on the big screen? Submit your work to Rialto For Short, a programme that enables beginners, film amateurs and film students to show their work to an audience as well as to film professionals. Next edition: June 11th, 2019.
How does it work?
- The 13th of May latest you sent in your film for the 3d and last edition of this season. All genres of film are welcome.
-A jury of filmprofessionals, amongst whom actress/director Dewi Reijs, director Hesdy Lonwijk and festivaldirector Hans Meiboom (Bijlmerbios and Metromovies) select the films for the evening;
-On the screening night, in this case the 11th of June, the audience as well as the jury and invited special guest decide the winner of the evening;
- After the 3d edition in June the jury chooses an overall winner , which will be anounced after the film screening. The director of the winning film will receive a price of € 1000 euros as an investment for a new film project.
Conditions of submissions:
- Film does not extent 20 minutes
- If the film is not English or Dutch spoken, then submit with English or Dutch subtitles
- Film is not over a year old (if it’s produced before 2018, never shown on big screen)
- Film didn’t win prices yet in other film festivals
- You can submit film through Vimeo- or Youtube link
- You, or a crewmember is present on the 11th of June to answer questions about the film
You can submit your film through this link.
Still have questions? You can mail to: email@example.com